Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama

Hello Alabama, I'm here! Our move went incredibly smooth and this past week has been great as Jeff and I have settled into our apartment. We only have one room - the guest room that will double as my study - to organize and cannot do that until my desk is delivered. As I look around our living room, it is beginning to feel like home. I've had some pool time and am working through the summer reading. I've been able to get out and learn the area and the alternate routes to avoid traffic. I would say that things are going well.

Thanks to the wonders of Facebook, I am getting to know some of my classmates. Hard to believe that orientation kicks off in two weeks. I am very excited for classes to begin. This is the first time in many years that I have not had a job to go to and I'm getting antsy with the time on my hands. I am one of those people who even calls in to the office and incessantly checks email, even while on vacation.

The one thing that is taking a hit during this move is my running. I went out last week for a 3 miler and yesterday, Jeff and I went into Crestline and walked/ran a little bit. He's not run since April 26, so I was pleased to get out with him again. This week, I definitely plan on getting that back on track.

So, here I am ... living my dream. I am blessed beyond measure and excited to turn over to the next page of the story of my life. Stay tuned...

No comments: