Sunday, February 1, 2009

Is it really February already?

I'm not sure where the time goes, but whoever said time flies faster the older you get, was certainly correct. I cannot believe that it's already February. This time last year, I was beginning to study for the LSAT and this time seemed so long away. Since last week, we've had one house showing and for this market, that's pretty good in the first week. My status checker for Alabama changed to "Pending", so I'm a step closer to a decision there. My thought on that is this: Bama's Open House for Admitted Students is on February 13, so if I've not heard anything by then, I'm probably not getting in, even to the summer program.
I did make to the gym once last week and worked on the house some in the evenings. This morning, I actually did a 4 mile run. I cannot believe Tybee is next weekend and I'll be running more than 3x that distance. I know that I will walk/run it, but for me Tybee is all about the atmosphere, the memories of marrying the man of my dreams on that beach almost 5 years ago, and the encouragement of the residents. Although it is a small race, it is by far one of my favorites.
I've been studying (as if I'm not going to do enough of that for the next three years), but want to get a head-start as much as I can. Academics do not come easy to me and I have to work hard, so I'm going ahead and beginning to learn the material so that I will be entrenched in. Although I know that it will be difficult and test me to the core, I am looking forward to starting law school.
My flex week starts back this week, meaning I work longer days, but only work 4 days a week. This will be very helpful in the coming months for Jeff and I to visit schools and relocating. Since I have to be at work in 7:30 in the morning, I guess I'd better call it a night. Oh yeah, the Pittsburgh Steelers just won the Super Bowl. And I just vomited in my mouth. Being a Dallas fan since I knew what a football was, I dislike the Steelers and in no way could I ever root for them.

No comments: