Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Sigh of Relief...

Ahhh.... it feels good. There's no other way to put it. But first, we have to go back to last Thursday. The pressure of the impending decisions and house issues were weighing so heavily on me. That night, I tossed and turned and thought and did anything except sleep. On Friday morning, I felt it. Thankfully I have a fabulous supervisor who understood when I went to her and asked to leave in the afternoon. She encouraged me and told me to get some rest. I left work around 1:30 and as I pulled into my street what did my eyes see? No, not the ice cream truck (but that's a great thought!), the mail carrier. Unfortunately, they were at the beginning of the street and our house is at the end. That's right - I had to watch her stop at each mailbox before reaching ours. It was agonizing! I reached into the box and pulled out the mail. There, amidst bills and flyers was the glorious letter - Samford University Cumberland School of Law. I was shaking as I walked up the stairs into the house. I tried to feel the weight of it to determine if it was more than one page. As I entered the kitchen, I sliced open the envelope and immediately saw 2 pages-one green form and another page. I knew then it was good news. I was admitted to the 2009-2010 term as 1L at Cumberland School of Law. I raced through the house jumping up and down and even did a happy dance like no other. I'm very, very excited and thankful for the opportunity.
Saturday, I ran the Greenville News 5K and did okay, considering I've not had many runs this month. It was a warm morning - 51 degrees and I was wishing for shorts by Mile 1. I've done well with strength training this week, going to the gym 3 days. Now, I have to incorporate the two and get on a good, maintainable schedule.
Yesterday afternoon we met with a realtor, Jonathan Chappell with Open House Realty. We were going to interview 3 realtors and make a decision, but Jonathan sold us with his honesty and business style. So, our house is now officially on the market. We still have some work to do on it, but are hoping for a quick sale. If we can sell it quick, there is the possibility that I can take 2 classes over the summer and then lighten the load for the Fall term. If not, I'll be there for orientation on August 9. And I trust that everything is going to work out just as it is supposed to.
This morning was the best thing of all, though. Jeff got baptized at NewSpring. What an amazing, moving thing to witness. I'm so proud of him and I'm so proud to be his wife. Yep, life is pretty freakin' awesome right now.

1 comment:

RN Student In The Raw said...

I told you so! I'm so stoked for you!!