Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Good Weekend Indeed

On Friday, Jeff and I went to Macon, GA and visited Mercer's Open House. It was very well organized and excellently done. I was impressed with the school and the faculty and staff.

Saturday, we met Christina for a 5 mile run and then had lunch with Chelsea and her friend, Eric. He is a nice, personable young man and there was none of that "meet my new boyfriend awkwardness". After lunch, we had gelato and walked a bit downtown. It was a terrific day to spend outdoors.

This morning we had a great service at NewSpring and I love sharing that with Jeff. We are currently doing a marriage series "iwantanewmarriage.com". It has opened up our communication and eyes so much. I'm thankful for Perry telling it like it is and not being afraid to challenge us.

Well, on January 24, we put our house on the market in anticipation of law school. My acceptance at Samford came in the day before with Mercer following the next Monday. Here we sit less than a month later with a contingency contract on it. The purchaser has another home to sell so we agreed to leave it active on the MLS with a 24-hour first right of refusal. This is a scary, anxious time but we both know that God is in control.

And in case you are wondering, there are 6 days left in February and I'm still waiting on those state school decisions.

No comments: