Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another New Year

I cannot believe that in a few hours 2009 will be over. In many ways, it has been my biggest year thus far. There were many changes in my life and almost everything has changed in the past year. New home, new friends, no job, new school. But the things that matter most have stayed the same - husband, family, friends, and cat.

I'm sorry for those of you who follow my blog that I did not write much over the first semester. I promise I'll attempt to do better. Law school is fantastic and I still love the challenges it brings each day. I made it through being called on in Contracts and was fortunate to be the last to go one day, so my time was brief. However, Contracts continues next semester so I'm back to being anxious knowing that my time will come again and next time it may not be as brief. The workload was more than I imagined, but moving forward I know now how to attack it and have a game plan to be more efficient.

I've been out of class for 3 weeks now and Jeff cannot wait for me to go back. HA!! Let's face it, I do not do well with down time. I imagined my break full of great literature to read with plenty of time to relax; instead I am bored and cannot focus. I went from going 100 miles an hour all day every day to zero and it's been tough. I have worked on my summer job search some and am praying to secure a summer associate position. With the economy as it is, I am fearful that my age and probable lack of being at the top of the class may hinder me. So, I am trying to be proactive and make as many contacts now before classes and the interview period begins.

So, enter 2010. I was surprised that I did not find any goals last year that I set for myself. Maybe with the admission to law school and impending move, I knew better. However, I did run 435.78 miles in 2009. I believe it was my first full year running that I was injury free. Here are some goals for 2010:

Have a better attitude when it comes to the little things and certain people;
Stop saying negative things about others (this one will be hard sometimes!);
I have a 365 day challenge: reading the Bible;
Try not to procrastinate and put things off to the last minute;
Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day;
Go to church more (we attend the NewSpring internet campus a lot, but I feel like I physically need to be in church); and,
Have better control over my eating - foods I eat, eating more often to stay fueled, portion control and better food combinations of carb, protein & fat.

I am really looking forward to this year and seeing what God has in store for me. I know it's going to be greater than I can even imagine!

No comments: