Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Application Submitted


Today, I submitted my first application to law school. Most of the schools on my list do not have their 09 applications open yet. However, it is only fitting that one of my top choices is obviously the University of Alabama and they opened their 09applications on August 1st. I've worked it, and reworked it, and reworked it again. I've had countless people read my Personal Statement, Academic Addendum (my undergraduate GPA is pretty mediocre and I need to take responsibility and show I'm not the same person now as I was then) and additional essay. I've had everything completed since Monday and every time I would think about sending it, I would chicken out. There is so much riding on this and I just wanted everything to be perfect. Alabama has a summer program that I would love to get into and only 20 spots available, so I knew time is critical. I knew that I couldn't let fear keep me from my opportunities, so I vowed that today would be the day. One last look over everything (thank goodness, I found a missing word in my Personal Statement that no one noticed) and then - BAM - submitted. I honestly wanted to vomit I was so nervous as I pushed that button. I know that it will be months before I hear anything and I'm okay with that. It was about a year ago that I started praying about my future and law school. In December, I talked with Jeff about it once I was sure this was what I wanted to do. Funny that I was apprehensive of his response. I should have known that I would have his full support and encouragement. That time has passed so quickly that a few more months isn't going to hurt anything. So, the hurry up and wait period has started. It's exciting, overwhelming, and so fulfilling. Just like I know law school will be when I get there.

1 comment:

CTBamaFan said...

Good job and Roll Tide baby. I'm sorry you stressed so much over this application. Hope the rest get easier. They would all be crazy if they didn't want you as a student.

Love ya.