Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And Now.... An Update From Your Blogger

It's been an amazing journey, this past year. A year ago, I walked into a classroom at Furman to take my LSAT. So much has happened and in some ways, it seems like a long year; but in others, a very short year. I heard from Alabama a couple of weeks ago and was rejected, as I completely expected to be. Heck, I'm just happy to have made it through one review. I know, it sounds an awful like, "It's an honor to be nominated", but that's truly how it was for me. I always knew that Bama was my reach school and I did not anticipate getting accepted. When you don't expect it, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad. It was a huge relief because it enabled us to know exactly where we are moving - to Birmingham we go!

We decided to move the weekend of July 10. That will give us a month to set up the apartment and familiarize ourselves with the area more before my classes start. Oh my God! I'm going to law school!!! I can't believe that this is really (finally!) happening.

After many twists and turns with our realtor (I almost fired him several times), the market picked up on June 1. It was like suddenly the light switch turned on and our home started showing like crazy. This made Jeff & I very happy, even if I did live in Swiffer hell for awhile. Yes, in the 4 1/2 months on the market, I had come to resent making the bed every morning, Swiffering the floors almost every day, wiping down counters and mirrors almost daily. Especially when we weren't having any showings. I just wanted one day to leave a cup on the counter, a messy unmade bed, or shoes in the middle of the floor... just once. We had a showing yesterday morning and I cleaned like a mad woman before work, even coming in late. In my OCD (it's better being C-D-O because the letters are in order), I went back to the house twice to check on things. Jeff called me around one and let me know that the same agent was coming back between 3 and 4. We viewed this as a good sign and likely the same buyer. By 6:30, we had a contract signed, sealed and delivered. And not just any contract, a CASH contract with a closing date of July 15. Whoo hoo!! God had a plan and He worked it all out. He's awesome and amazing and does things that are immeasurable.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in teh church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever, Amen!" Esphesians 3:20-21

We still have a home inspection to get through, but do not anticipate anything major. So, here we go on our next big adventure, just like PeeWee Herman without the masturbation in the theater. We go to Birmingham this weekend to finalize where we are going to live and have 3 more apartment complexes to look at. My last day with the County will be June 26. It's all wrapping up and I am a mixture of many emotions - happiness, joy, saddness, anxiety, fear and excitement.

This morning when I woke up, I thought God meets our needs when we trust and rely on Him to do so. The hard part is being patient and waiting for Him. I wanted to enjoy the moment and as I looked at the bed with the sheets going one way, the blanket in the other, I smiled a rebellious smile thinking "This is the day"... and then I walked over... and made the bed, wiped down the counters and came to work. Hey! Some habits are good to get into.

No comments: